Have you ever wondered if there is a better way of doing this while mopping your floor?
There probably is!
If you aren’t already using a microfibre mop, then you really are missing out! It’s not that mopping floors suddenly becomes child’s play, no. But it definitely becomes easier. Particularly when dealing with stubborn dirt that either won’t move at all, or tends to smear all over the place once you attack it.
Microfibre mops easily pick up dirt and grime when whet, and also deal with dust and hair when dry. They are, easily, the best and most effortless options when it comes to keeping your floors sparkling clean!
To help you level-up your cleaning life, we have tried and tested a lot of microfibre mops and have judged the following to be the best out there at the moment:
O-Cedar EasyWring Floor Cleaning System
O-Cedar’s microfibre mop and pedal-spin bucket guarantee a fast and fun floor cleaning experience.
The foot pedal on the bucket allows for hands-free wringing, so you have full control of the level of moisture reaching your floor. The bucket also comes with a splash guard to keep any stray water safely inside.
The deep-cleaning microfibre mop is easy to manoeuvre and reliably removes and absorbs tough dirt and grime and leaves clean and dust free floors behind.
The O-Cedar’s flexible, triangular mop head is designed with a 360° rotation so that you can reach under any furniture and clean in every corner. It can be used wet and dry and is safe for all floors. The mop head is machine washable, but a regular replacement (every few months, depending on frequency of use) is recommended to ensure best possible cleaning results.
- Set with mop and bucket
- Spin wringing activated with foot pedal
- Splash guard
- Triangular mop head
- Machine washable microfibre mop
- Wet and dry use
- For all floors
- Telescopic handle adjusts up to 51” length (with head attached)
Microfiber Wholesale 18″ Professional Mop
Microfiber Wholesale’s 18” mop is a great choice for when you want to achieve professional-grade cleaning without the need of lugging around a bucket.
The extra large mop head cleans reliably, whether the floor is made from hardwood, laminate, tile, stone, or concrete. Millions of positively charged fibers attrackt dust and when used dry (dust mop pad), and hold astonishing amounts of debris and dirt while at the same time reabsorbing liquids when used wet (wet mop pad).
The microfiber mops are machine washable and way more economic and eco-friendly than disposable products.
- Includes: mop handle; mop frame; 2 wet mop pads; 1 dust mop pad; 2 microfibre cloths
- Mop frame made from heavy duty aluminium
- 18” extra-wide mop head
- Wet and dry use (different pads)
- Machine washable
- For all floor types
- 6′ adjustable handle
LINKYO Microfiber Hardwood Floor Mop
Linkyo’s microfibre mop is built to last. It is the perfect choice for frequent cleaners who want a professional-grade result without the bulky design of commercial mops.
A stainless steel handle and metal mop frame ensure long lasting use. And an included extension handle takes the mop up to 70” length.
The mop head itself swivels through 360° and gives you easy access to every nook and cranny. A clever clip-on design allows you to use virtually any cleaning cloths alongside the microfibre pads that come with it.
- Comes with: handle, frame, 2 reversible microfiber mop cloths, 1 standard microfiber mop pad
- Stainless steel handle
- Handle extension included (gives up to 70” length)
- Metal mop frame
- 360° swivel head
- Wet and dry use
- Pads machine washable
- Clip on design allows use of any cleaning cloth
Turbo Mops Microfiber Floor Cleaning System
Turbo Mop’s microfiber floor cleaning system makes maintaining a sparkling floor easy.
With a large, 18” pivoting mop head, this mop makes a dreaded chore a super easy and quick task. Aided by the ultra lightweight body, you will zip the mop around the room as if you actually had nothing at all in your hands.
The dirt-trapping microfiber pads are durable and machine washable. For optimum results, changing them after about 1.000 washes is recommended. But the pads are not only long-lasting, they easily deal with even the worst messes thanks to their deep clean scrubbing powers.
- 35” to 60” adjustable aluminium telescoping handle
- 17” mop head
- 360° rotation
- Wet or dry use
- Perfect for all floor types
Dredge Professional Microfiber All-in-One Kit
Dredge’s professional All-in-One kit makes cleaning floors enjoyable.
It comes with a solid and durable handle, which impresses with its ergonomic design and extends from 29” to 69” thanks to its patented three section telescopic design.
Connecting the super absorbent microfiber pads to the 18” mop head is incredibly easy thanks to the handy hook and loop system. The pads themselves as machine washable and will not let you down – no matter which dirt, no matter which surface.
- Comes with: telescopic handle; flat mop head; 2 heavy-duty microfiber pads; 1 electrostatic pad
- Durable, ergonomic handle
- Extends from 29” to 69”
- 18” mop head
- Head with hook and loop bottom
- Machine washable pads
- Wet and dry use
- All floors
Q: Why do I need a microfibre mop if I already have a “normal” mop?
Simply because microfibre mops make cleaning floors a lot easier.
We all know that mopping floors “the old way” can be a backbreaking chore, particularly if there are stubborn patches of dirt that you really need to attack.
Microfibre mop heads deal with all kinds of dirt on most surfaces as if it were the easiest thing in the world. And for them, it is.
Q: What is microfibre anyway?
Microfibres are synthetic fibres that are incredibly densely constructed and incredibly thin at the same time. Woven together, those fibres create a kind of net that has truly exceptional cleaning properties.
When used wet, the fibres loosen even the most persistent stains, trap dirt and (re)absorb any excess liquid.
Used dry, the fibres create an electrostatic charge that attracts dust and hair and safely traps it in the mop.
On top of all that, microfibres dry incredibly quickly as well, which makes them a great choice for cleaning material as it prevents mould growth.
Q: What do I need to consider before buying a microfibre mop?
There are a few things you should keep in mind and/or be clear about before clicking that “buy”-button:
- Set vs. mop: Depending on your needs, being on the lookout for a whole set might be the better option. While a basic handle-and-head combo definitely covers all your basic cleaning needs, it might be good to be able to choose from a variety of specialised pads or cloths. Or maybe you want a wringing-system and a bucket?
- Head size and shape: Depending on the rooms you want to clean, the furniture you need to navigate and the overall space you have to cover, smaller or bigger head sizes may be worth considering. Some mop heads are in a different shape altogether: a triangular head, for example, is a great pick if you have a lot of tricky corners to clean.
- Handle: One of the, if not the most important factor to consider is the handle’s length. Is it extendable? Does it offer you the length-range you need to be comfortable?
- Manoeuvrability: Most, but sadly not all mop heads can swivel through 360°. You might want to keep an eye out for that, it’s super convenient!